Thursday, November 12, 2009

We're pretty much out of our everlovin' minds...

...but Aaron said the other day that he wanted another Bullmastiff puppy. So the search begins, it's a lot different from when we were looking for Foley ten years ago. The technology and communication is so much faster, plus we "know" more people in the breed these days...we're also a wee bit wiser about some of "drama" surrounding various dogs and people. In some ways that makes it all just a bit harder to sort through.

It's funny how priorities have shifted a bit as well. I was really excited and into showing Foley when we got him; puppy uglies and all. He was entered the day after he turned six months and resembled some sort of biafra hound with a gigantic skull and stilts for legs. But of course, to my novice eyes he was perfect and his breeder encouraged my delusions as she was "building points" for other dogs she was affiliated with. Anyway, live and learn. Now my biggest concern is finding a pup that is healthy, allergy and skin problem FREE and somewhat resembles one of my favorite breeds. If the pup turns out, I'll show him. If not, it surely isn't the end of the world...not even close.

I know there are honest breeders out there, with healthy dogs and I've started talking to a few of them. We're in no hurry, I believe we'll find the right dog at the right time....

So let's see...120+42+55=217 + 20 to 130, in the first year....that's a lotta dog!

1 comment:

  1. Thought it would be sooner or later. Good thoughts in finding the right one. WTG Aaron !!!!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete