Sunday, August 23, 2009

Deeder Pics


I realized, we've had Diesel just a bit over a month now. It seems soooo much longer as he's fit in perfectly and he's made SO MUCH PROGRESS. When he gets really wound up, which happens less and less, I am able to get him grounded and focused, so that he isn't jumping and grabbing at my appendages. At feeding time, despite being in a veritable frenzy, as soon as I say OK, he runs to his crate and waits until the girl's bowls are down and his is served. He is learning to sit on command and even to a down (though that takes some cookies, usually). He's become my shadow and follows me from room to room and has appointed himself guardian of the ottoman, I usually prop my feet up on.

Despite whatever may have happened to him, before he was surrendered to CBRR and made it to our home, I'm convinced he knew the kind of care and love a puppy deserves. It's just a matter of connecting with the calm within him and showing that he can get the love he craves, without being a lunatic. I bet that, like Bailee, he was the cutest puppy ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment