Sunday, August 23, 2009

What a crappy way to start a Friday...

So, I woke up around 3am Friday morning, needing to use the bathroom. The protocol for this has become, not only do I go potty, but I get Bailee up and make her go outside too. Diesel of course, can't stay asleep, when there's even a HINT of excitement, so he has to go out too. As I looked at the clock, through my have open eyes, I realized I was going to be getting up in less than two hours, so heck, I may as well get my aleve fix in, before my pool session. So I take one, bobble the second pill and it winds up right on Diesel's tongue...before I could stop him, grab the pill or otherwise get the TOXIN away...it's down his gullet, with no chance of retrieval and I'm out of hydrogen peroxide...plus, the universe only knows where the hell my turkey baster is. SO, I call the emergency vet, explain my situation, Diesel's weight (about 62 pounds....8 more to go buddy boy) and they won't tell me if I need to worry about this doseage or if I can relax and he'll be fine, unless I go to the vet. All the while, I'm starting to get more and more worried about my Sunshine Boy, who is just smiling and grinning that his Mommy is up and paying attention to him. I'm feeling like the worst dog owner on the planet and I'm starting to realize...I've really gotten attached to this sweetie boy. Well, we go to the E-vet, and as we're waiting for the vet, He hops up on the bench next to me and leans into me...the tech came to take him to the puking zone and he leaned a little closer and didn't really want to go without me...he looked back a few times and I told him he'd be just fine.

Of course, he was just fine. None the worse for the wear and we went back home and got about 45 minutes of sleep before I had to head to work. Yes, I skipped the gym, but my little monster was ok. I was more than slightly pissed with the Emergency Vet Service though. After they brought Deese back to me, the vet tells me the doseage wasn't enough to harm Diesel at all and that he would have been just fine...It was all I could do to not come unglued, especially when they handed me a bill for 250 bucks...WHAT THE F)I!&*&^@!*&T#IU!

No comments:

Post a Comment