Monday, August 10, 2009

More discoveries...

Diesel loves to take a bath. He hops right in, stands still and lets you lather him all up. He shakes once or twice, (not too badly) and won't even try to jump out, until you tell him "OK". The towel dry is his favorite and he just melts right into you while you dry him off.

Most of Saturday, I spent waiting for the call to go pick up a rescue from the airport. I volunteered to pick him up and drive as far as Pendleton, OR, if I had to. That would have been about an 8 or 9 hour drive. Fortunately, things worked out even better than expected and I only had to spend about two hours driving, etc.

While I waited I was reading and sitting in my chair with my feet on the ottoman. Diesel spent most of that time on my lap. Bailee, of course, got jealous...she is a princess after all...so I had to hold her on my lap like a baby. Then Phoebe wanted in on the action and got on the ottoman. It was a FULL lap, lemme tell ya!

Right now, Diesel is wedged between the sofa arm and my lap, with his tongue sticking out almost totally asleep. His jumping and biting seems to have really decreased; he still jumps like a maniac when I come home and he's greeting me or if we're playing ball in the backyard. The mouthing only seems to happen if he gets bored, or feels like he needs more attention...though he oftentimes will go for my hand or part of my arm. He gets really excited when it's time to play, but even that is getting more controlled, as we keep playing and working on "the rules".

He is learning to sit for treats and almost always managed to keep his butt on the floor while waiting for his cookie. He also has the distinct honor of being the ONLY dog I've owned that will do a down, without giving me lip. Diesel will do anything for a cookie. He is such a good, good boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment