Friday, July 31, 2009

Another Day, Another discovery!!!


I've been looking at Diesel's "coke" nails for a few weeks now, with some trepidation. I have always been fairly laissez faire in regards to nails; unless of course I'm showing or campaigning one. So, once the pups are retired or in Bailee's case, adopted and never intended for show, regular nail maintenance is somewhat neglected. Everyone, from Foley down to Bailee has been decidedly DIFFICULT to pedicure.

Aaron, is not particularly helpful in assisting, so pedicures are something I have to solo...or pay the good people at petco to do. I'm not quite sure if Deese is ready to hit the streets, so I thought, I'd attempt to pedicure him myself. He's an absolute DREAM when I clean his ears, he literally flops down on his side and grunts with pleasure as I swab and wipe them out.

So I figured odds were 50/50 that he'd let me give him a pedicure. BET ON THE RESCUE DOG! Once I got him on the couch and feeling secure, he was a DREAM to pedicure. I only stopped without getting all of them down to the quick, because Bailee took it upon herself to attack the nail clippers. I'm pretty sure I heard her holler SPARTACUS!!! or maybe it was ATTICA!!!...at any rate, once again, she was a bad influence.

I am so excited about Diesel's progress. He's really starting to embody all the wonderful, loving qualities I could see glimpses of when he was known as "The Wild Man".

No comments:

Post a Comment