Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It wasn't love at first sight!

I first met Diesel in March. He was a crazed maniac, that greeted me at a hundred miles an hour, like a cruise missile aimed directly at my mid-section! To get my attention, he GRABBED me with his mouth, trying desperately to get me to pet him, while completely unaware of the proper way to get affection.

I knew I was there to evaluate him and quite possibly it was a set up, organized by my dear friend and bulldog enabler, Jewlz. His behavior was so intense and out of control, I immediately thought he needed far more than I could possibly give him. With two other dogs, a full time +++ job it just didn't seem fair to even consider bringing another dog into the mix; especially one that had so many problems and would no doubt, need so much time. Besides that, there's another humanoid in the house, who was not at all excited about the idea of another dog...especially one with "issues".

I hadn't been "hooked" and I delighted in going home and telling Aaron that I wasn't even thinking about adopting Diesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment