Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Universe does what it's gonna do...

Even though I had convinced myself (and MAYBE Aaron) that I could not adopt Diesel or provide him the fantastic home he deserved, I felt compelled to help work with him and make him more adoptable. The girls and I made a few trips to his foster home and worked with him on basic manners. In a stroke of sheer serendipity the PERFECT home presented itself. Over Easter weekend Diesel and I took a road trip to Chilliwack, BC, where I thought, a love connection had been made. After a month or so of preparation, Diesel's adoptive mom, her housemate, a friend and the other dogs in the household came to Washington to make the adoption "official".

I was absolutely thrilled the day Diesel's new family came to pick him up. Finally, Diesel was going to have a family with people that understood him and would work with him to bring out his best.

The next morning I got a text message from Diesel's foster mom saying she had gone to pick him up. Apparently, things weren't quite meant to be and Diesel pulled out all the stops and behaved terribly. So terribly that he was sent back to rescue within 8 hours of leaving it!

This turn of events made me feel sad for Diesel. Mad at the adopter for not giving Diesel more of a chance. But mostly I felt like it was my fault, that I had somehow failed in my assessment and judgement of Diesel's perfect home. I wanted Diesel to have a "Happily Ever After" Story so badly...

Perhaps that was my fault...*I WANTED* Diesel to have this home. I wanted him to have a Happily Ever After Story...I wanted him to go to Canada, train to be a Search and Rescue Dog and be a credit to Bulldogs everywhere.

BUT, I started to think that maybe, just maybe the Universe was playing a small part in this play.

No comments:

Post a Comment