Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Babysitting Weekend...

So on July 3rd, I drove out to Diesel's foster home, (which just so happened to be the BEST Dog Boarding Spa in Western Washington...perhaps even the entire state! (www.lovingcarek9spa.com) to pick him up for his big adventure at my house.

Diesel was AMPED and excited to see me and he tried to jump in the van, before I even opened the tailgate. We stopped in Issaquah and met with Polly Klein (Tonglen Healing Arts) for a communication session, to explain to Diesel that he was going for a visit. Through it all, he behaved relatively well, until he got bored and wanted to PLAY. Of course, when Diesel wants to play he starts mouthing and grabbing any nearby appendage. I tried to re-route that energy to chewing on a nylabone, which worked pretty well.

Our weekend went really well. Diesel was a perfect gentleman; no accidents in the house, no fear or skittishness from the tons of fireworks being blown off in the neighborhood and no aggression at all to the girls...not even to Bailee, who was really trying to provoke him. If he hadn't gone into a frenzy or 5 over initiating play, he would have been a saint.

Aaron didn't say much to me about Diesel or seem to be influenced one way or the other. So when I came home on Sunday after taking Diesel back to the Spa, I was pretty surprised when he said "Give me a few days and I'll consider adopting the little meathead."

No comments:

Post a Comment