Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chapter Three

After Diesel's placement in Canada failed and I blamed myself for awhile about being a crappy judge of character, I thought maybe we weren't really painting a fair and accurate picture of Diesel on our Rescue Page. So I re-wrote a detailed description of Diesel, his issues and the challenges a potential adopter may face. Because, DARN IT, I was going to help that boy find a home.

After that went up, the adoption applications stopped rolling in. Apparently, it painted too accurate a picture and was scaring people away. That was SO not the point!

So when I found out no one was even inquiring about this sweet boy, I mentioned it, in passing to Aaron. Who was fairly non-commital about voicing an opinion on the subject so I let it drop. At least until June 28th, when plied by delicious Jimmy John sandwiches and Johnny Walker Black, I got Aaron to agree to let me "babysit" Diesel at our house, over the Fourth of July weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment